Friday, October 17, 2008

Oh Sushi!

Last week Josh and I were at the end of our budget period and I realized that we had just enough money in our eating out envelope to have a nice dinner. Friday in the Monterey Herald there was a coupon for 10% off a new sushi place in town. Now I have had a love for sushi since Josh's uncle made me my first roll over two years ago and I am a sucker for a deal. As I was explaining to Josh where this new restaurant is, he said "the old bbq place in the travelodge?" Um yes! The Travellodge in Monterey is a little run down. I know what you are thinking "you work for Pebble Beach Resorts, of course the Travellodge doesn't compare" If I had to stay there, I would probably take my own sheets (Josh was not impressed the first time I did this). Needless to stay we had pretty low expectations.

As we walked in the door it was nice and clean but almost had a cafeteria feel. We ordered, waited in anticipation, and then it came. The BEST sushi I have ever had! I cannot tell you exactly why it was so good, but it is now my new favorite dining establishment in Monterey.

There is a group of girls that I work with that love sushi and will from time to time go out for dinner. When I told them about Oh Sushi they all gave me a look of disbelief and almost disgust. It doesn't matter to me. I am still a fan.

No comments: