Thursday, October 16, 2008

return of the blog

I'm back. It has been about a year, but I have decided that I am going to start blogging again.

This past weekend Josh and I went camping with another couple from church. Of course we did not plan anything until Thursday night, and because of the wind no camp sites would allow fires. "No big deal" we thought. It was so cold! Both nights it got down to the 40s.

Besides that, the redwoods were so beautiful. These trees are huge. At the state park headquarters there is a cross section of one of the bigger trees that is about seven feet in diameter. Some poor soul counted all of the rings and found that the tree sprouted in 579 AD. There are little markers for major events in history two inches from the bark is the marker for 1776 (singing of the Declaration of Independence).

Because it was so cold I decided against washing my hair, therefore no pictures.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Yeah! I am so glad you are blogging. I was just thinking about you the other day wondering how you guys are doing.

annaO said...

Yeah Cassie! Welcome back to the world of bloggers. I miss you. Are you guys going to be around Wichita ro Manhattan for Christmas? I want to see you.