Wednesday, June 10, 2009

May 2009

When there isn’t much goig on I don’t want to blog because I don’t have much to say. When there is a lot going on I don’t want to blog because there is too much to say. I will try my best to keep things brief.

May has been pretty crazy for us. May 6th Josh was laid off from Pebble Beach. That week was very emotional for us. I felt that I was being robbed of my happiness. My human nature wanted to blame a person. Josh’s boss, the CEO of PB, President Obama for not allowing companies to spend bail out money in the travel industry. God reminded me that He works all things together for good…and that he orchestrates the events of my life. We truly love the Monterey area and the thought of moving (again) was overwhelming. We have been fighting for joy. Our hope is that we can be sorrowful, but always rejoicing.

What a roller coaster of a month. It was full of great times too. We hosted three sets of visitors since Josh was let go. It was so good for him to have people around to keep him entertained. With company he has experienced world class golf with old friends. We both spent time in the cute town of Davis with people that know our hearts. That was followed by a lovely time exploring the beauty of Napa Valley. Our last guests left us last Wednesday. Josh’s Aunt, Uncle, and two cousins were in the area and we had a great time with them. Janea even got in the cold Pacific Ocean at 11:00pm while the rest of us enjoyed a bon fire on the beach. We were delighted when then decided to stay an extra night. Josh and I got to have a slumber party with the girls while their parents enjoyed a historic hotel in downtown Monterey.

Job Search:

You might not have heard, but we are in a recession. Golf is considered a luxury expense and not a necessity (some may disagree). There are jobs open, but none better than what Josh had. He doesn’t want to settle for a job that he will be unhappy with.

Right now we have open in getting into the Asian golf market. We are excited about a new adventure

1 comment:

annaelyse said...

:O) LOVE it. LOVE you guys!!! super excited about what's next!