Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Nerve

It is almost 1 am and I can't sleep. I think it might have to do with the nap I took this afternoon. It doesn't help that I am furious. Here is my story in a nut shell. This is 100% true. No exaggerations. Promise.

My boss told me that I am insensitive for only giving 3 1/2 weeks notice. That's right. The same company who gave Josh no notice whatsoever. She told me I should have called as soon as I found out I was moving. Keep in mind that we still don't have a contract signed, plane tickets bought, visas, a place to live... She knew Josh was laid off (because she announced to my department without my permission or knowledge). Was I supposed to call her and say, "hey we might be moving, Josh is looking for another job?" That seems pretty obvious to me! One of the many funny things about this is that I asked our HR Training and Professional manager if I should discuss it with her and she said that by no means did I have to. Basically I felt persuaded to only give the standard two weeks, but because my coworker was leaving I gave more time. Another thing is that one of the three people that gave notice in less than a week gave less that two weeks notice. She wasn't told she was being insensitive.

By the strength of God I stood up to her. I expressed to her in a professional manner the MANY points I had about the situation. What still angers me though is that nothing penetrated her selfishness. She still thinks I did something wrong. I am praying for direction, peace and the ability to forgive her.

1 comment:

annaelyse said...

girl. that leaves ME fuming! goodness. some people are just reactors instead of responders. i can't wait to see you and love up on you guys one last time before you leave on a jet plane!