Saturday, December 6, 2008

Four Days (2 of 2)

This post will be an extension of the last post. That was long.

Because some college friends were visiting San Francisco, we all decided to go to Napa Valley for wine tasting. The day did not start so great. I did not fully set my alarm so I rushed to get ready. According to mapquest the most direct route would be to go through the mountains, not a good choice. My blood pressure spiked I don’t know how many times. I ended up making good time, and when I got to the house, they were still out having breakfast. For a few minutes, I thought they left without me. I decided to get a little gas so that I would not have to fill up at night on the way back. On my way to the gas station, she called me and told me that I needed to find all day parking. That took FOREVER! After many times around many blocks, I found a pretty good spot, and I was about 80% confident it was legal. I told myself that not to worry about coming back and my car not being there. During my circling paying for my car to be towed sounded better than a tasked that seemed hopeless. (My car was where I left it when it was time to go). After all this it was smooth sailing, except for the car almost overheating.

Lucky for us, Liza is practically a professional tour guide for this region of Northern California. She took us to 5 great wineries and 1 decent one. On this outing I realized I thoroughly enjoy good wine.

Because I left Seaside at about 8, I ate breakfast at about 7:30 and it was just leftover sweet potatoes. Everyone else had a decent breakfast at about 10am. Needless to say, I was a little bit more of a light weight than the others. At about 1:30 I NEEDED lunch. Once I got the sandwich in my system, I started walking straight and stopped slurring my words. I think they enjoyed me a little off. I was pretty easy to make fun of.

We decided to make our way home so that we could get to our dinner reservations on time. (That didn’t happen, but they saved us a table.) It is a good thing I had a little nap in the car. I could not imagine trying to make the 2 hour trek home after a day of wine tasting. By the time I got home I was pooped!

Josh spent the entire day Saturday trying to set up our new TV, but I didn’t even get to see it that night because I went straight to bed without turning on any lights.
Sunday I planned on sleeping most of the day. Josh had to work so when he got home, he had too little desire to go to church. I went by myself, but ended up seeing a friend from work there, so I am glad I went. When I got home, Josh was just waking up from a nap, and ready to work. Ugh. Although I would have enjoyed spending the entire day in bed or on the couch, we were very productive. Cleaning up after whirlwind days was pretty satisfying.

When I was lying down in bed Sunday night, I thought “I need another day just to rest.” The funny part of that is that due to our reduced hours I have to take one day off every pay period. My boss asked if I could take Monday December 1st, but I requested to switch. I really regretted this decision Sunday night and Monday morning.

No comments: