Wednesday, December 10, 2008

off to a bad start

(I typed this out on Monday, but am just getting around to posting it today)

Today I woke up about 6:00, played on the computer, watched the news, did dishes from dinner last night all before I started getting ready at 7:45. I got in the shower, put on a little make up then I hit me. I was supposed to be at work at 8:00 today because I switched schedules with at coworker. A very firm four letter work escaped from my mouth. It takes me at least 20 minutes to get to work from my house. It was exactly 8:13 when I remembered my schedule switched today. My hair was wet, I wasn’t dressed, and no breakfast consumed. AHHH. I grabbed my phone and immediately called my boss. No answer. Oh that’s right she is on vacation this week. Threw on some clothes, dried my hair for one minute, put on deodorant, and ran out the door. I drove almost the entire 20 minutes with the windows down and heater on high. Weaving through traffic I called another coworker and left yet another message. That’s it, I tried to communicate with the office that I would be late. No more breaking the law by talking on my cell phone while driving. I walked into work at 8:36. Not too bad right?

An interesting part to that story is that I had an alarm set on my phone that reminded me to start getting ready for work early. The problem was that Saturday I got a new phone. The date book did not transfer. Oh well. I’ve been with PB for over a year and this is my first tardy not caused by traffic (which my boss excuses).

No comments: