Thursday, May 6, 2010

5-6 marks the spot

Today is May 6, 2010. Why is this date significant? Exactly one year ago today Josh was let go from Pebble Beach. This past year has been full of challenges and learning. I read today in Hebrews 5:8 that Jesus learned obedience from what he suffered. I am confident I have learned a lot through this suffering year and I know God is using it to make me more like Jesus. During the first months of transition, I struggled to understand how to be "sorrowful, but always rejoicing" (2 Cor 6:10), really I think I struggled with that up until a few weeks ago.

Recently one of my assigned books to read and write about was Idols of the Heart By Elyse Fitzpatrick. Through reading this book I have been able to see what I was worshiping that kept me from rejoicing. I learned that my anxieties so obviously showed I did not trust that God was good. I have had to just believe Romans 8:28, "that God works all things together for good for those who are called according to His purposes." What a relief that this whole year has been a part of God's perfect plan for my life.

In the words of John Newton "If it were possible for me to alter any part of His plan, I could only spoil it"

This past year has definitely been full of adventure.

No comments: