Monday, May 3, 2010

Reluctant Adventurer


(here is a picture of me on an adventure, hiking to a Buddhist monastery built on the face of a cliff. okay so really I am taking a break at the half way point and was not paying attention when this cow wanted to be friendly)

I changed the name of my blog. It was “1 mile to the pacific,” but it has been a long time since I’ve been that close to the ocean. I have told Josh many times that I am not an adventurous person, and he completely agrees. You may be thinking “but Cassie you moved to Bhutan for crying out loud.” While that is true, I dreaded going there in my heart. Whenever I think about adventure I picture someone pulling me with a rope and my heals are leaving ruts because they are so firmly planted on the ground. I am not sure exactly what I fear. In extreme circumstances it is death, or the death of someone I love. Sometimes it is awkwardness, or uncomfortably. So the new name is “Reluctant Adventurer.” Hopefully through this blog I can communicate how these adventures I don’t desire mold me to become a more like Jesus.

No comments: