Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Err!


(Josh playing with his new cameras (yes plural), but this picture was not shot with a new one. I think I look angry)

I wouldn't describe myself as an angry person. You know who I am talking about, the girl who always seems to be mad at something. I have never thought of myself as that person. Well I learned something about myself this week. Sunday I was told to put off anger. This made me realize just how much anger I harbored in my heart. Not an easy thing to do. I realized how not so slow to anger I really am. While working at this challenge I decided the easiest way for me to not be angry was to just not have an emotional response to anything. Anything that made me angry, I would push out of my mind. With the situation we are in lots of things are making me angry. I know what you're thinking, it wasn't a healthy idea (If I actually do become a counselor, don't tell any of my counselees about this post). But starting Sunday night, I forced myself to not respond to anything that would anger me. Now there are some people out there, bless their hearts, who are conflict avoiders. I am not one of them. This afternoon when I finally got a few minutes of alone time with Josh, I let it out (by the grace of God, there were no few firm tones in my voice). I couldn't even last three days! Nothing that angered me in the last few days went away just because I refused to deal with it. So now I have to learn how to really deal with my anger in a God glorifying way.

No comments: