Friday, June 25, 2010

06.25

In honor of the fifth anniversary of being Mrs. Adrian here is a little more from John Piper. Him and his wife used the same scripture in their wedding as Josh and I did in ours.

Habakkuk 3
Although the fig tree blossom not,
And all the vines of our small plot
Be barren, and the olive fail,
The sheep grow weak and heifers frail,
We will rejoice in God, my love,
And take our pleasures from above:
The Lord, our God, shall be our strength
And give us life, whatever length
On earth he please, and make our feet
Like mountain deer, to rise and cleat
The narrow path for man and wife
That rises steep and leads to life.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I cannot believe it has been 5 years! My has life changed since then! Congratulations to you both! Tell Josh 'hello' from me!