Saturday, June 12, 2010

Episode 3: My Helpers

There are really three people in my life who helped me to evolve.

The first is my friend Jenni. I think she reads this blog. Jenni, I am so thankful that you showed me that you can glorify God in breaking the rules! You took this girl who didn’t know what the world was like and with grace beyond yourself helped me to see God through lenses that I didn’t even know existed. You helped me to think about God in a totally different way. I think you awakened my rebellious side.

The second is my husband. Before I knew him he hosted a “drink to the glory of God party.” He showed me that sin is not about actions as much as it is about the heart. A single action can either be good or bad depending on the heart issues. (I say this recognizing that there are certain things that God specifically says are not appropriate and He cannot be glorified in) He drank (not to get drunk), he smoked (a pipe on rare occasions), and he cussed (without being offensive). (Dad, he is still a great husband). Never in my life did I think I would marry a man that did any of these things, but I am so glad I did.

The third is my friend Alicia. I don’t think she reads this blog. I may send her a link so she can read her impact on my life. Alicia, you gave me my first sip of wine and I will be grateful until the day I die. You think about an issue and develop an opinion that is in line with what God teaches in His Word. You epitomize grace and truth. When I use the term “gracefully blunt” I say that with admiration because that is what God calls us to. You are able to say what you feel and can call people out without sounding prideful (you may have pride in your heart, but God works allows it to come out beautifully).

And I have to give credit to The Masters College. I don’t think they set out to teach me to be rebellious, but I have learned through them that if it is not biblical it is not a cross on which to die.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I do read, keep writing! Thank you, so sweet. I needed this encouragement today. So glad to be a part of you journey, what an honor.