Thursday, June 10, 2010

Episode 2 Why Not?

Why not be a goody two shoe?

I had a lot of subconscious pride when I looked down on people whose actions did not align with what I considered “good.” My thoughts were sinful because of the way I was raised to think about things such as drinking, drugs, and sex. Because I was so concerned with the action I was not being full of the Spirit.

Romans 8:1-2 says “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death”

What should be our focus? The law of freedom in Christ or the law of sin and death? And what about “not condemnation for those who are in Christ?” This isn’t saying that I can do anything I want and glorify God, but when we do sin that we should not be overwhelmed by guilt. Jesus’s blood took away that guilt. So if we aren’t stuck in a pit of guilt, why should I want other people to be?

No comments: